The LMH-SDV labex
The LMH-SDV labex supports and organizes the growth of the mathematics at the interface with life sciences (biology, ecology, medicine) on the Saclay campus. It covers both the training and the research with the triple goal
- to build a world-class research center on mathematics at the interface with life sciences,
- to train first-class mathematicians (on modeling, numerics, statistics, etc) aware of the main concepts and challenges in biology and ecology,
- strengthen, at the scale of our community, biotechnological innovation on the Saclay campus by a high-level scientific environment.
On the training side, the LMH-SDV labex actively supports the Master program MathSV (joint program from Paris-Sud, Ecole Polytechnique et ENS Cachan) by funding
- lectures by prominent reseachers from the Saclay campus,
- master scholarships.
On the research side, the LMH-SDV labex funds
- PhD scholarships for PhD thesis at the interface between mathematics and life-sciences,
- postdocs grants on mathematics for life sciences,
- sabbatical semester for projects at the interface between mathematics and life-sciences (available for students and academics),
- invitation of a first-class researcher,
- some scientific events (workshops, summer school, etc).
The actions funded by the LMH-SDV labex are proposed by the scientific committee including L. Desvillettes (CMLA), C. Giraud (CMAP), P. Massart (LMO), B. Maury (LMO), S. Méléard (CMAP) and A. Trubuil (INRA). Final decisions are taken at the end by the FMJH steering committee.
Call for the Master scholarships of the "Mathematics for Life Sciences" (Master2 MathSV) program
Applications for the 2013-2014 FMJH program Master are open from Wednesday May 1st until Sunday, June 2th.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of the selection process Monday June 10th.
The PostDoc Call for Mathematics for Life Sciences
Applications for the postdoc call are open until Monday, June 3th.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of the selection process in the end of June 2013.